HOW TO APPLY MARRIAGE LICENSES AND REGISTRATION OF CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE
Those applying for MARRIAGE LICENSE and registering a CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE may go to Counter 11 and Counter 12 at the Civil Registry Office.
The applicants must bring the following requirements:
- FOR MARRIAGE LICENSES (Counter 11)
- - Certified True Copy of Birth or Baptismal Certificates of both applicants. If widowed, death certificate of demise spouse, if previous marriage was annulled, copy of Court Decision and absolute Decree of Finality from the Court,
- Community Tax Certificates of both applicants, male and female;
- One ID photo (colored or black and white) of each applicant, male and female;
- Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
- Certificate of Family Planning and Marriage Counseling*
*(There is no age limit for Family Planning, however couples 24 years and below need to attend Family Planning Sessions, and Marriage counseling. These sessions are scheduled for one-half day within the premises of the City Hall. (Inquire from any of the office clerks at Counters 11 & 12 about the details)
If applicant is a Foreigner, requirements are:
Certificate of legal capacity to marry issued by their respective embassy in the Philippines;
If divorced, copy of Final Decree of Absolute Divorce;
Certificate of Family Planning & Marriage Counseling & Responsible Parenthood.
Marriageable Age: 18 years old (male or female)
Persons below 21 years old need parental consent.
Persons 21 years and below 25 years old need advice from parents.
Application form - P50.00
Filing Fee - 100.00
Marriage License Fee - 100.00
Registration of Marriage Certificate - 70.00
Issuance of Marriage License should be released after 10 days posting after the Marriage Application was filed. License expires 120 days from the date license was issued.
Registration of Certificate of Marriage shall be in four copies distributed as follows:
1st copy- Local civil Registry
2nd copy- OCRG-PSA
3rd copy- Solemnizing officer/Church
4th copy- Couple
Note: Releasing of Marriage Licenses is up to 4:00 pm only.