1.Download, completely fill up and sign the appropriate Building Permit Application Form from the quezoncity.gov.ph website.
2. Applications for Building Permits require the following attachments:
- Locational clearance certificate from the Citry Planning and Development Office(CPDO), with the following CPDO-initialed photocopied attachments:
- Transfer certificate of title
- Real estate tax receipt and bill (current year)
- (if applicable) Lease contract/ award notice, deed of sale, memorandum of agreement or joint venture agreement
- Barangay clearance
- One (1) set of architectural plans
- Fire safety correction sheet
- Three (3) sets each of the following technical documents, signed by the appropriate professional:
- Lot/location plan
- Architectural plans
- Sanitary/plumbing plans
- Electrical plans
- Mechanical plans
- Fire protection plans
- Geotechnical plans
- Structural computation
- Project specifications
- Bill of materials/ cost estimate
The three (3) sets of plans must be organized in thre (3) folders labeled as follows:
- Department of Building Official
- City Assessor
3. Bring the complete application form (with all the necessary attachments, properly arranged), to the “Information Window” of the Department of Building official, located at the 9th floor, Quezon City Hall High-rise Building.
4. Use of Priority
The “Priority Lane” services building permit applicants who are senior citizens, pregnant women and women with small children
5. Green Building
Application covered by the Green Building Ordinance should proceed to the “Green Lane”
6. Applicants who are not qualified to use the priority Lane or are not covered by the Green Lane, should get their queue number and wait for their number to be called.
Make sure that you are present at the waiting area hen your number is called, because there is no back-tracking of number.
If your number is called five (5)n times and you are not present, the receiving officer will proceed to call the next number.
7. Once your number is called, proceed to the designated window and submit your complete documents.
8. The receiving officer verifies the completeness of your documents.
- If complete, you will be issued a computer-generated follow-up/ acknowledgement receipt. You can check the status of your application after ten 10 working days through SMS (text) or call through landline (telephone number 444-7272 and ask the operator to connect you to the Department of Building official)
- If incomplete, the documents will be returned to you for completion, with the checklist of needed documents given to you.
9. If your application is compliant with the provisions of the National Building Code of the Philippines, you will be given an Order of Payment at the releasing section of the Department of Building Official (DBO). Then pay the indicated amount at the cashier of the City Treasurer’s Office (ground floor, Annex Building) and get your Building Permit from DBO.
10. If your application is noncompliant with the provisions of the National Building Code of the Philippines, the documents will be released through the Releasing Section and returned to the applicant with the instruction to complete indicated in the attached Advices of Action.
Additional attachments are required for the following cases:
- Metro Manila Development Authority Clearance (if the building is near or beside a waterway)
- Department of Public works and Highways Clearance(if the building is along a national highway)
- Environment Clearance Certificate from the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) if the structure is a new hospital, shopping mall, school condominium, gas station and other projects with environmental impact
- Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP)/ Air Transportation Office (if the structure is a telecommunications site, tower or antenna)
- Bureau of Health Devices and Technology(BHDT) Clearance of Department of Health(for telecommunications structures)
- Quezon City Government’s Subdivision Administration Unit (SAU)(for developments involving townhouses, condominiums and the like)