|Easy Tax Payment and Renewal Process in Quezon City|
Update: Quezon City taxpayers now have until January 31, 2013 to avail of the opportunity to pay without penalties the first quarter payment for business taxes, charges and fees.
In line with the City Government's overall strategy to ease doing business in the city, 2013 tax payment and business renewal processes have been reduced to four steps each. Business taxpayers also need not fall in line separately to pay for their community tax. The computation of this tax is already included in the assessment of all business taxes payable. This computerized assessment applies only to business taxpayers, and not to individuals.
1. Present your filled-up Gross Sales Declaration Form at the City Hall open lobby area, for FINAL EVALUATION (the form is downloadable from the quezoncity.gov.ph website and will also be distributed at the City Hall covered walk area near the police station at the City Hall compound).
Here, the examiners will determine the gross sales immediately after submission of the following documents:
Taxpayers are reminded to declare their true/correct annual income so as not to unduly delay the process.
2. Go to the Taxpayers' Assessment Lounge, for assessment, at the ground floor. Taxpayers shall be informed whether their businesses are covered by the tourism ordinance. Aside from that, the Community Tax Certificate (cedula) is already incorporated in the business tax bill during the assessment process. No need to fall in line separately for this tax, nor for determining whether your business is covered by the tourism ordinance.
3. Get the City Treasurer's and the Business Permits and Licensing chief's final approval. This step is at the 2nd floor, City Hall High-rise Building.
4. Pay at the Taxpayers' Payment Lounge, at the ground floor.
Note: Businesses with annual gross sale value of Five hundred Thousand Pesos (Php 500.000.00) and below, excluding Parnerships and Corporations can transact and pay their taxes at the satellite offices of the Treasury Department located at Cubao, Galas, La Loma, Novaliches and Talipapa.
After paying their business taxes and real property taxes on their business locations, taxpayers can renew their business permits. They proceed to the basement of Civic Center Building A, where a staff from the Public Assistance Group (PAG) will assist them in going through the entire process.
Those renewing their business permits have to make sure that they have on hand the following documents:
1. Original copy of their 2012 business permit (if not available, a photocopy will be acceptable)
2. Photocopy of machine-validated 2013 Official Receipt
3. Original copy of barangay clearance for 2013
4. Other documents as required by the evaluator, such as:
a. Locational clearance
b. Fire safety inspection certificate (FSIC)
c. Health certificate
d. CTAO certificate
After the taxpayer completes the above requirements, he is given claim stub indicating the pick-up date for the renewed business permit, plate and sticker.
Permits for Business:
Liquor Permit Renewal Deadline: January 20,2013:
Quezon City Liquor Licensing and Regulatory Board (LLRB) has urged all QC business establishments that serve and sell intoxicating drinks and liquor to renew their permit before the January 20, 2012 deadline.
***Advisory: City Hall Traffic Flow January 2-31, 2013