|Parks Development and Administration Department|
4th Floor Civic Center Building B, City Hall Compound
Parks Development and Administration Department is tasked to:
* Identify open spaces from government and private sectors intended for the development of parks/playgrounds within the four (4) districts of the City.
* Coordinate efforts with other agencies of the government relative to the identification of these open spaces.
* Formulate plans, programs and estimates for the improvement and development of these open spaces for the recreational and sport needs of the people.
* Undertake the electrification of the City's major thoroughfares.
* Undertake the development and proper maintenance of parks, playgrounds, historical landmarks and monuments, center islands, streetlighting facilities, nursery and arboretum of the City.
* Submit to the City Mayor recommendations and reports of the foregoing activities.
* Perform such other functions which the City Mayor and City Council may assign in the exigency of the service.
* Administrative Division
* Landscape Division
* Construction & Maintenance Division
* Nursery & Arboretum Division
Engr. Zaldy A. Dela Rosa
Tel. no. 988-4242 loc. 8446
Arch. Nancy C. Esguerra
Tel. no. 988-4242 loc. 330
Ms. Gloria T. Cruz
Chief, Administrative Division
Tel. nos. 928-2205 & 988-4242 loc. 327
Engr. Francisco M. Mallillin
Chief, Landscape Development Division
Tel. no. 988-4242 loc. 336
Engr. Teresa M. Mercado
Chief, Construction Division
Tel. no. 988-4242 loc. 334
Mr. Alberto M. Elcano
Chief, Nursery & Arboretum Division
Tel. no. 988-4242 loc. 329
Hotline nos. are: 920-2823 (Nursery), Telefax nos. 922-9382 & 928-2205. Contact persons: Engr. Francis Mallillin & Ms. Bing Medina.
* Parks Development where identified city-owned open spaces are developed into parks and playgrounds.
* Parks Repair and Maintenance includes the repair and maintenance of park facilities on existing parks & playgrounds and the City Hall complex.
* Beautification/Landscaping includes the beautification and greening of center islands, intersections and directional islands and historical landmarks. In this pursuit, these areas are given the needed face lifting.
* For the Tree Planting Program, 10,000 trees are targeted for planting yearly on major thoroughfares, existing parks & playgrounds, and open spaces in coordination with DENR and Sen. Loren Legarda's Luntiang Pilipinas program where the necessary planting materials are provided to the City through a memorandum of agreement with the Quezon City government.
* On Streetlighting, the Office has maintained close coordination with Meralco and continues to work hand in hand relative to the maintenance of streetlighting facilities which were turned-over to the latter in accordance with a memorandum of agreement signed in 1996. Moreover, streetlights on 110 thoroughfares/locations, including church lighting, INC and TODA areas, are being maintained.
Requirements for Availing of These Services
The public in general, particularly the barangays, homeowners associations, NGOs and other civic groups may avail of the services of this Dept. in accordance with the following requirements:
* Letter must be submitted indicating specific requests.
* Open space to be developed should be donated and turned over to the City.
* Road lots with streetlights should be donated to the City.