How to Get Married in Quezon City
Basic requirements for marriage, according to Philippine laws:
- Marrying parties should be a male and a female, at least 18 years old.
- If you or your partner is from 21 to 25 years old, a notarized parental advice* is needed.
- If you or your partner is from 18 to less than 21 years of age, a notarized parental consent* is needed
- You and your partner must not be related by blood (up to 4th degree of consanguinity) and should be free of legal impediments, such as being in a previous marriage (unless annulled, widowed, or divorced – documents proving these must be presented).
* Note: Parental consent and parental advice are required under the Family Code of the Philippines.
How to Get a Marriage License:
Applications for marriage licenses are processed at Counter 11 of the Quezon City Civil Registry Department. Please note that when filling out the form, the space for MOTHER’S NAME should be filled with the applicant’s mother’s maiden name.
Document requirements from each of the couple applying for a marriage license:
- Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate or Baptismal Certificate of both applicants
If Widowed, certified true copy of death certificate of demise spouse
If previous marriage was annulled, Copy of Court Decision and Absolute Decree of Finality from the Court
- Community Tax Certificates/Cedula of both applicants or any proof of residency
- One (1) photo ID (colored or black and white) of each applicant (size: 2" x 2")
- 25 yrs. old and above - Family Planning only - Quezon City Health Department
- 24 yrs old and below - Family Planning and Counseling - Quezon City Health Department Office, Social Service and Development (SSDD) Quezon City
- Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) from the Philippine Statistics Authority
(There is no age limit for required attendance in family planning seminars; but it is mandatory for applicants aged 24 years and younger)
Document requirements if one of the couple is a foreigner (non-Philippine citizen):
- Photocopy of Passport (showing Data and Date of Arrival)
- Certificate of LEGAL CAPACITY TO MARRY, issued by their Respective Diplomatic or Consular Affairs
- If Divorced, Copy of Final Decree of Absolute Divorce
- Certificate of Family Planning & Marriage Counseling & Responsible Parenthood
- Parents Consent (for 18-20 years old)
- Parents Advice (for 21-24 years old)
- One of the applicant must be a resident of the place where they will apply for the marriage license
- The marriage license will be issued on the 11th day after the 10-day posting period upon submission of the application for marriage license. License expire 120 days from the date license was issued
Registration Fees (payable at the Civil Registry Department)
Application Form (Php 50.00)
Filing Fee (Php 100.00)
Marriage License Fee (Php 100.00)
Registration of Marriage Certificate (Php 70.00)
Once issued, the marriage license is valid within 120 days of issuance and shall be deemed automatically canceled at the expiration date of the said period if the contracting parties have not made use of it.
Where to file your application:
Civil Registry Department
Ground floor, Civic Center C Building
Quezon City Hall compound
Tel. no. 988-4242 (trunkline) extension 1515/ 9250453/ 9297747