Senior Citizens of Quezon City and Their Benefits
Quezon City is home to more than 300,000 elderly and senior citizens. Hence the City Government has allocated 1 percent of the general fund of the city budget to provide financial support for projects that are beneficial to senior citizens. This was implemented in 2017, through Ordinance SP No. 2494, series of 2016.
Aside from this, Quezon City is the only city in the NCR that gives extra benefits to senior citizens aged 100 and above, in addition to the mandatory PhP 100,000 centenarian gift.
Centenarians in QC have the following benefits:
- PhP 1,000 cash gift on every succeeding birthday after the 100th
- PhP 1,000 Christmas cash gift
- Monthly allowance worth PHP 1,000
Benefits of Senior Citizens in Quezon City
All other senior citizens in the city receive the following benefits:
- Additional 18 percent discount on medical and dental services (on top of the mandatory 20 percent senior citizen discount) within two weeks of the senior’s birthday
- Free movie admission up to two films every Monday and Tuesday (from cinema opening until 5 pm only), for a total of 240 movies every year
- Exemption from payment of transfer tax when selling a senior’s house and lot located in the city
- Funding from the city government for programs and activities proposed by senior citizen associations in barangays
- Free parking in commercial establishments
- Free use of pay restrooms
Requirements for New Applicants of Senior Citizens ID in Quezon City
All QC senior citizens applying for registration for the first time and for issuance of the new senior citizens’ ID must submit the following:
- Duly accomplished application form issued by the Office of Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA)
- Birth certificate or any public document indicating the applicant’s age and Filipino citizenship
- Valid ID as proof of residency and /or two (2) proofs of billing or mails under his/her name and such other documents as maybe required by OSCA
- For first time applicants, it is advised that they apply personally at the OSCA for verification purposes.
Requirements for Replacement of Lost Senior Citizen ID
All senior citizens applying for replacement of their lost old or new IDs must submit the following:
- Affidavit of Loss
- Duly accomplished Lost/ Replacement Form issued by OSCA
- PhP 100 charge
Processing and Release of ID
The new senior citizen ID may be readily available upon registration with OSCA or at most five (5) working days from the time of application for first time registration or after the application for replacement is filed.
All matters concerning the elderly and senior citizens of Quezon City is handled by the
OFFICE OF SENIOR CITIZENS AFFAIRS (OSCA)
City Hall Compound